How to work 634?

rschissler

I just got the USB 634 and can't figure out how to get it to work.

On bootup I get the Crystalfontz splash screen and then all I have is a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner. I made a simple text screen, but it won't display on the LCD. I can't change the contrast or brightness either. All I have is that flashing cursor.

Help!

--Randy S.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

rschissler

I did get it to work after checking Ports in Device Manager.

I'm not totally impressed with the viewing angle, contrast and brightness. I also notice the display flickers a bit. At least it works though.

--Randy S.

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Support

Administrator
If you're seeing a flickering backlight on your CFA634-YFB-KU module, you'll want to check the back of the module, on the USB board, and see if JPF (upper right corner of the USB board) is closed or open.

On your particular module, it should be open.

Please let me know.

rschissler

JPF is open. The flickering is actually very minor and hardly noticeable when I increase the brightness.

Actually my biggest complaint is that I was expecting the display to be more of a greenish-yellow color, like shown on your 634 feature display page. Instead, it is mostly yellow in color.

--Randy S.