How to display CGROM chars with CC2?

meklubba

Hi,

How do I display characters from the CGROM with CC2?
I have a CF634 module.

/Daniel
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

meklubba

What I want is to use histogram and customchars which, quite understandably, is not possible. A workaround is to use histograms and the built in chars in CGROM. However, I don't know how to output a CGROM char to the LCD.

The problem arose when I wanted to output non-ASCII chars, like the Swedish ÅåÄäÖö (I hope theese are displayed correctly).
The chars are present in the CGROM, a long with other chars from the ISO-8859-X standard.

The most preferable thing would be a mapping function within the CC2 core for outputting text that automagically maps the chars in the strings. This would unfortunately prohibit any other charset than ISO-8859-X/Windows ANSI (CP1252) to be used, which is pretty much the case allready. :)
I attach an excel document with a charmapping that I hope works for ASCII, ISO-8859-1 and Windows ANSI (CP1252) since they are all subsets of each other in reverse order from the list above.

/Daniel

Attachments