How often does CC2 check e-mail?

jim4897

I just installed the CFA-631 and I'm using CC2. I'm set up to use e-mail. My question is how often does it check for email and is it configurable? Thanks Jim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

jim4897 said:
I just installed the CFA-631 and I'm using CC2. I'm set up to use e-mail. My question is how often does it check for email and is it configurable? Thanks Jim
The sample screens have a setting of 4 minutes by default.

You can change this by editing the screen file and changing

Code:
opt06="sleep=240"
The sleep value is in seconds.

Delete the screen with cc2_config, re-load it then re-start cc2.

OR

you can just change the sleep= in cc2_email.ini and re-start cc2.

jim4897

email

Thanks, I got that changed, one more question can it be configured to check email upon connecting and then check every XX seconds, Thanks again, Jim

reider

Re: email

jim4897 said:
Thanks, I got that changed, one more question can it be configured to check email upon connecting and then check every XX seconds, Thanks again, Jim
On my broadband connection, which is always on, it automatically starts the email checking routine after the default 4 minutes from boot up. If you have the screen loaded it will do it. Check it out by sending an email addressed to yourself with 'test' as subject and main text for example.

Steve