hor. bar graphs corrupted on CFAH2004ATMIJP

poor user

Im using a CFAH2004ATMIJP connected to my parallel port (I know you dont support this officially)

I use jalcds to control the lcd. everything works fine with the exception of bar graphs. they are all some kind corrupted.
doesnt matter if winamp graph, cpu-usage or that. the graph should be displayed 'solid' but there are wrong symbols in the graph which looks pretty sh*tty.
sorry, but I dont have a digicam or similar, so *for now* I cant supply any pictures of it.

also any animated chars (self made animations supported by jalcds) do not work right.

I read that hd447... lcds have a memory for up to 8 custom characters to be displayed. do CF displays have this kind of memory?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
All HD44780's support the 8 custom characters.
So, yes, yours does.

First, check your wiring.
If thats ok, itll probably be a bug with Jalcds, so email the author about that.

poor user

wiring is ok, as everything else (standard characters and wincfah test) do work perfectly.

i also tried a different software, lcdsmartie with the same result, broken bar graphs :(

i also have a no-name 2x16 display which does not show this error :eek: