help with LCD safety issues pls

una

Hello all,

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct area or even forum to post this, but I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on LCD specs. That is, as far as reducing eye strain and general eye-related issues, when spending a lot of time in front of a computer.

This is prob an odd request, i know. It's just that I' m buying a new monitor, and wanted to know what to look for, like higher refresh rates, or lower response times (better for games i know) in specific consideration to above mentioned eyes-thing.

Just a general answer / link would be great, pls don't waste too much time on this, thank you!

i apologise in advance if my post is in the wrong section or has been covered before, I had a look and didnt see anything.

David
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
We dont really deal with these types of LCDs.

Since your in Australia, you might find it better to ask here:
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/?

But, ill answer anyway...

LCDs are far better than CRTs for reducing eye strain simply because they do not flicker at all.
With LCD monitors, refresh rate doesnt matter.
A higher contrast ratio LCD might help.

Maybe also look for a LCD montior with a good range of brightness control.
I know a lot of LCDs are very bright and do not dim far enough to be comfortable in darkened rooms (although you do get used to it).

una

thanks for your reply!

i''ll be sure to check the overclockers forum, thanks!

David