Help: Need connector for CFAG12232 series

Comco

I'm having a hard time finding a convenient means by which to connect to a CFAG12232 series display. The edge connector is a 16-pin .050 pitch series of holes. I'm open to pretty much anything including connectors or direct wiring.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Comco

The Digikey links are for a 50-pin header and socket. They are not breakaway, so the numbers won't work with the 16-pin requirement of the LCD. And while Mill-Max's website shows numerous alternates that have 16-pins, none are readily available as searched on www.findchips.com. And, when I do find them, they're around $20 for the pair in quantities of 50+. That's more than the display!

Any other ideas?

CF Support

Administrator
Breakaway == breaks in a pre-determined location.
Not Breakaway == can be trimmed with side-cutters.

Seriously though, unless the cosmetic appearance is vitally important, cutting them to size even when they are not breakaway headers works fine. Otherwise you definitely have the sourcing problem like you've seen with the Mill-Max parts. Unfortunately there isn't a great way around the problem.

Comco

Gotta admit I didn't think of cutting them. Costmetic issues do not exist as this is going to get buried in potting epoxy. Thanks for the help.