Help I dont know what to do?

NeoJuice

I want to order the CFAH1602A-GGB-JP LCD but what else do I need. I herd people on this forum talking about how they have kits so that you can hook them up via serial. But I cant find them on the page.

Do they have prey made kits so that I can just order, install and play with the least amount of effort?

Another question is do I need any kind of kit?

Some help would be appriciated.

Regards,
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
For connecting an LCD to a PC, we recommend one of our PDBK* LCD + mounting bracket kits. These kits make it so there is no soldering involved, and are very easy to install (about the same difficulty as installing a CDROM drive).

We do not have a PC mounting kit for any of the parallel displays. There is often a lot of trouble when people try to connect the parallel displays. Please see the disclaimer on the CGAH_WinTest page.

Please just be aware that all of our displays are tested and verified functional before they are shipped, they are easily damaged by incorrect voltages and ESD, so if there is trouble it is not very likely that the display is "bad", it is much more likely that it has been damaged.

It is also very possible to damage the backlight by conecting it incorrectly. Please read and understand this thread before you attempt to apply power to the backlight.

There are a bunch of "tutorial" links on connecting a parallel HD44780 LCD to a PC's parallel port in this post and this post.

NeoJuice

Hello

Ok so Your saying that All i need to do is order a Serial LCD and all the connectors will be on the back of the lcd. I will just need a serial cable and a power connection. Is this correct? Cause I am looking at getting a 16x2 or a 4x20.

I can make my own mounting bracket. I'm just concerned about having the connections on the back of the LCD so that i dont have to wire it up myself.

If this is true then I will order one cause that makes me feel alot safer when ordering. all I'll need is a serial cable and a 5v power connection.

How come your 1-888# dont work? I dont want to pay long distance to call you.

Regards,

Americanfreak

I had the same question you had.I got one of the 634 backlit LCD and it was ALLOT easier to do than I was afraid of. I ordered the pre made power cable for the backlit and I ordered the serial cable.When I got it I plugged in all the cables, put in the software and away I went. The whole process took me less than 10 minutes.:D

Americanfreak

My son saw my LCD and had to have one. He got his 16 x 2 negitive thursday. He got the whole kit and it looks great in his new case. It was much cheaper to get the whole setup from CF than to purchase only the LCD from.......well you know (M O)....
Again it went right in without any troubles.