Graphic LCD Modes

Metran

Was wondering if there is any way to determin what mode a LCD is running at (CFAG320240C-FMI-T in my case) my LCD is not yet in use put need to know what mode the lcd is running at (i need it to run at 8080 mode)
or does the LCD's have a standart mode to run in ?

other question: if lcd not running at 8080 mode is there a "safe" way to change the mode. i am not sure that the Warrenty will remain valid if a change is done

correction edit: LCD is "CFAG320240C-FMI-T" and not as i had wrote "CFAG240128D-FMI-T"
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:
By looking at the data sheet for the controller chip (LC7981), there is no 8080 control mode available. There is no input to switch modes, it is always in 6800 mode, as far as I can see.

Metran

The controler chip on the "CFAG320240C-FMI-T" is a "S1D13305F00A" here you can see the Datasheet
If I am reading it currectly it has both the 6800 and 8080 mode possible.
I have read somewhere on this forum that CrystalFontz is using the 6800 as standard so to the actual question: is there a fairly easy way to change it to use 8080 mode?

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
You changed gears on us :0 (your first post says "CFAG240128D-FMI-T").

There is a jumper on the back of the CFAG320240C-FMI-T that changes the mode. I do not have a display in front of me, but I think it is a SMT resistor that can be moved between "J68" and "J80".

Metran

Im realy sorry to mislead you in the first post didn't realy see that i wrote the wrong product name
lets take it as it should be the "CFAG320240C-FMI-T"

Even thou my intentions for the LCD is to connect it to a PC and i know and fully understand the terms by doing so

<-- will correct the first post -->

Metran

yes i have located it, a small smd/smt resistor with a "0" on it

Just by moving the resistor to J80 will that break the warrenty?
as i dont realy know when i will start on the little project :) want to be absolutely sure what to do before i do it (best way to do it)

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
Nope. But please still be careful. :)

Just touch each end alternately with your soldering iron. After a few cycles, the zero ohm resistor will stick to the tip of the soldering iron. Then just lay it down on the new pad, and add a slight dot of solder on each end at the new location. Good to have tweezers at hand.