Graphic LCD augmentation

carlja

Hello,

I am working on an adaptive filtering problem and I want to use a transmissive LCD in front of a camera. Basically I want something similar to CFAX12864AP1-NFH, but I want the LCD to be transmissive instead of transflective. I notice in the datasheet for the part that there are part numbers for the kind of LCD I would want (CFAX12864AP1-NF(C,F,I or L) ) but I don't see these products listed on your website. Would it be possible to purchase one of these parts? If you don't have them available, how much would a small run cost, and would it be more or less than say a custom LCD run (in your opinion, I don't need exact answers)?

A corollary to this is if it is not possible for you to make these LCDs, how easy would it be to augment say a CFAX12864AP1-NFH, to work in the method prescribed? What kind of transmittance characteristics do the transflective materials display? Would be possible to remove this transflective material?

Thanks,
Carl Allendorph
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
It would take a large minimum order to get something like that going.

It might be possible to manually change the polarizer to a transmissive one.

I would think there must be an easier way.