Girder plugin????

debennett2

I am totally new to LCD so please bear with me a little. I just received a 634 display over the weekend and am having a hard time understand what I can do with it.

-Firstly, if CrystalControl is running in the background, is there a way to have the LCD backlight turn off after a certain period of inactivity?

-How can I control Crystal Control with Girder? Is this possible? For instance, I would like to be able to display the winamp screen when winamp is executed but then go to the date and time when nothing of consequence is going on. I am pretty up to speed on girder, but I am not sure if this app has the hooks needed to take control via Girder.

-Can people share "Bootscreens" for like models? If so, why isn;t there a section jsut for this? I would love to start a little community just for something like that.

-What about support for other media players? Particularly, WMP9 and Zoomplayer. These two players are used a lot throughout the HTPC community and it would be nice for some type of support in that area as well.

Thanks for any help.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
-Firstly, if CrystalControl is running in the background, is there a way to have the LCD backlight turn off after a certain period of inactivity?
Not currently, no.
Somthing ill add to the to-do list.

-How can I control Crystal Control with Girder? Is this possible? For instance, I would like to be able to display the winamp screen when winamp is executed but then go to the date and time when nothing of consequence is going on. I am pretty up to speed on girder, but I am not sure if this app has the hooks needed to take control via Girder.
There is no Girder support at the moment.
But you still can do what you mentioned.... turn on alternating for the module, and set you winamp screen to "Skip if winamp is not running".

-Can people share "Bootscreens" for like models? If so, why isn;t there a section jsut for this? I would love to start a little community just for something like that.
Boot screens or CrystalControl screens?

-What about support for other media players? Particularly, WMP9 and Zoomplayer. These two players are used a lot throughout the HTPC community and it would be nice for some type of support in that area as well.
Ill look into doing both....
But itll be for CrystalControl V2.... development on CrystalControl V1 has pretty much stopped.

debennett2

Boot screens or CrystalControl screens?
Well, now that you mention it, both. I was refering to the boot screens. As you know, I am very new to this. I wanted to see what others are using when the unit first initializes. I know this has nothing to do with the particular software in question but I thought that this would be where to ask as this is where the people would be that would be interested in such a thing.

I love this display but it seems very limited (no offense please) in what you can do with it in CrystalControl. Automation is important and would require direct access to each screen via windows messages and/or girder events. Any kind of support in V2 with girder is greatly appreciated.

My dream:
Have screen support for Winamp 2.xx, WMP9, Zoomplayer, myHTPC (I wish), e-mail, time, etc. that allows girder to intervene and tell it what screen to be on depending on what app is running. The girder end of it is rather simple if the support is there for some type of direct access to the screens. I would also love to see some type of "default" screen (or queue of 2 or 3 screens), but not be restricted to having to use all screens that I want available. This way, I have all my media screens come up with the app with the help of girder, then, when the app closes it goes to the "default" screen or several screens that I have setup to go through like time/date, email, or whatever. Stuff that would not have a program associated with it, basically, that I might want to see. Of course, some kind of function (not sure how this would work totally) that has the backlight go out after no activity. This might best be implemented using the logic that Screens X, Y, and Z fall into Group 1 and screen 1,2, and 3 fall into Group 2. Group 2 is comprised of those non-media screens that you want to queue (or one screen) when no program is running that requires LCD display. Group 1 would be those screens that have media players and whatnot associated with them. The backlight would stay on through Group 1 and turn off due to inactivity after a predefined amount of time if Group 2 was activated. Make sense? Should any of this be doable?