Garbled text and filled lines on CFAG12864B-TMI-V

xIceman

I have a CFAG12864B-TMI-V that was hooked up and working nicely. However, the LCD was connected to a 5 pin programmer by accident on pins 1-5 of the LCD, where pin 1 was at 5 volts, pin 2 and 3 should of been 0 volts, and pins 4 and 5 would of been 5 volts and ground.

Now, when I connect the CFAG12864B-TMI-V it displays mostly garbled text where I can somewhat makeout what I am sending to the LCD. Everything is shifted upward by about 8 pixels as well, and a few 8 pixel high character lines are totally floodfilled.

I would not of thought that connecting to the programmer port would of caused any damage, but obviously there is a problem with it now.

Also, the first thing I display on the screen is a complete flood fill, and 3 different 1 pixel lines do not fill at all.

Is there any way to reset the display? Or have I damaged it beyond repair?

Thanks for the help.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The display does not have any kind of non-volatile memory on it, so there is no way it could be set wrong in such a way that it would need a reset.

It is most likely damaged.

CF Tech

Administrator
There is not really a way to repair them.

You can write support(at)crystalfontz(dot)com, reference this thread and your original invoice number, and they may be able to work out a courtesy discount on an exact replacement.