• We recently switched our forum platform. If you experience any issues please email support@crystalfontz.com

garbled characters

Land Cruiser

New member
Why do some characters appear fine in the simlcd preview,but show garbled on LCD?
i.e. @ _ [ ] will not display properly.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.
 

PaNiC

New member
If you have a serial lcd the baud-rate is set wrong. If you have a parallell lcd one (or more) of the data-lines is loose or wrong connected.
Please submit more info when you ask for help!

Or it could me something else.
 
Last edited:

Land Cruiser

New member
PaNiC said:
If you have a serial lcd the baud-rate is set wrong.
Running 634 serial LCD at 9600 baud.I have been running this LCD for over 2 yrs now using Todd Porter's LCDProc without problems.I just recently started playing around with the CrystalControl software and the only problems I am having are certain charaters not displaying correctly in the POP3 mail screen, but appear correct in the LCDsim.
i.e. [ ] @ _ , etc......

Or it could me something else.
Thanks for the reply.
 

CF Mark

Administrator
Strange.
My 634 displays those characters fine.
Does it display those characters ok if they are typed into the screen entry lines?

BTW... i very much doubt baud has anything to do with it.
 

Land Cruiser

New member
CrystalControl Admin said:
Strange.
My 634 displays those characters fine.
Does it display those characters ok if they are typed into the screen entry lines?
I still get garbled characters when typed in the screen entry lines.
It's only the @ _ [ ] and a few other characters that are giving me problems.
 

CF Tech

Administrator
If it is over two years old, it probably has the V1.x CGROM in it instead of the newer v2.0 CGROM. I think CC may have only been tested on the v2.0 CGROM.
 

Land Cruiser

New member
CF Tech said:
If it is over two years old, it probably has the V1.x CGROM in it instead of the newer v2.0 CGROM. I think CC may have only been tested on the v2.0 CGROM.
Purchased it 06/16/00.
Not sure what CGROM I have.Can this be upgraded/flashed?
 
Top