Game Info

Antomathy

hey just wondering. but is it just me.... or does the game info have alot of probs.

i understand its hard to get coding going for certain games to get stats.

i can only get the ping to work in unreal tournament.
i can get kills to always work, i can get time to work.

but whats with deaths?? does the deaths info work for any games?? and if so which ones??

thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Joaquin

I would consider yourself pretty lucky for being able to get that much Game Info to work. I have had a few problems with the Game Info in every LCD software I have sampled and have kinda given up on it. I do not blame the software vendors because after I thought about it, I imagine maintaining the code for Game Info gets to be difficult when you consider all the different games out there and all the patches for each game. Even though most multi-player FPS games these days are built on the good 'ol Q3 Engine each game adds it own spin on it.

CF Mark

Administrator
Gaming server information code is really horrible.
To support the games i have, i had to analise network packets and work out the information format. No easy task. Writing the code alos wasnt fun as i hadnt delt with writing networking code before.
Luckily though, a lot of games use the same methods of giving information which made things a little easier.

Just because the ~tags~ are avaliable in CC, doesnt mean they will work. Deaths for example only works with with one of the games supported (i cant recall which). Look at the tag information box for details on which games itll work with.

BigTy

This i will say is true and im glad with the work you have done BUT i only added the tages to the screen that work with MOHAA. and ANY person stats dont work AT ALL. like ping deaths not kills things like that dont work any sugestions other than dont use it :p

BigTy

i WISH it did but it doesnt the following keys wont poll FOR ME
Deaths:~GSPD~ Ping:~GSPP~ Connect:~GSPCT~ ~GSSD~
THis has NEVER worked for me. if you have any clue to help im all for it the ip addy im polling from is 65.214.58.129

CF Mark

Administrator
As i said, Deaths doesnt work.
And if you read the tag information you would see that connect time only works in half life.

Whats the servers port?

CF Mark

Administrator
I just tried that server.
~GSSN~
~GSSM~
~GSSP~
~GSPN~
~GSPP~
All work fine.
It seems ~GSPK~ isnt working though.

BigTy

i wounder if it has to do with my router. where is the program poling the info from.
update i went on teh dmz and tried this server 216.185.200.206:12203 and still no luck just E18
and on ~GSSD~ i get E10 so im at a loss here

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
The ping to the server must also be less than 1sec.
When i say that, i dont mean in game ping.
I mean that after CC has sent the data request, it needs to have the response back in 1sec otherwise itll [E17]/[E18].

Im looking at 216.185.200.206:12203 now... working perfectly with the info i said above works.

BigTy

Sorry but i have plaied with those line for the whole weekend one two different pc DURING a LAN party with the SAME results. my friend and i bother have these displays and all we both get is the same results. i put the Lan info in i get MOSt of my server info and NONE of the personal shows. i dont know what version of the software your using and i think maybe it could be something wrong with me. BUT out of two PCs neither one of them works. and even with a PC on a LAN connection i cant pull the info. so i know the speed isnt that slow.

BigTy

The best way to make aproblem go away is NOT to answer the problem at all. i hate to flame or even talk bad about people BUT. i have a pproblem with the software and other poeple i know do to and i posted a question and other than you wont be able to get this one type of info and mine works answer there is nothing. i was willing to send or help in ANY way I can but there is nothing even dealing with this problem being said ive looked on the boards and other people have the same problem. and not one responce to the problem. i dont want this to turn into a flame of any kind i just want us the user to work with the Programer ti solve the problem.