Fraps

Bada Bing

Ok, I downloaded Fraps 2.5 and it doesnt register on my 634 when playing a game, just shows a 0.

Do I need to do something in FRAPS to tell it to record or something?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
When playing a game, does FRAPS display the curent FPS in the game window?
In FRAP settings its in the "FPS" tab, you should select an "overlay corner".

Bada Bing

Yep, got it set up that way and it still shows:

FPS

Thanks for moving my post BTW I didnt notice i put it in the wrong forum :confused:

reider

Bada Bing said:
Yes, everything in FRAPS works well, the info never makes it to the 634
OK, sorry about the delay-as promised in another thread I`ve now looked at the problem and think I can resolve it. I am no expert on Fraps, never used it before so I can`t say how good the results are.

On the other hand, looking at the screen for the plugin it shows a lot of promise and in this instance does not appear to be at fault. Apart from results that is, I can`t vouch for them but can tell you how to get them on your 634 display.

Download and install Directx 9.0c from MS, make sure its the C version. Start Fraps 2.5 if not done, then start Fraps on your 634. Start your game (I tested in HalfLife2), now if it isn`t displayed on your 634 within a few seconds then press F12 to move the number around the four corner positions on the Fraps console.

What a steep learning curve this is, never used Fraps, never used a 634 but hopefully something will be working for you very soon after reading this! Please get back to us either way, we rely on feedback.

EDIT: Make sure you install the new Fraps 250 screens and cc2_process.dll from

Update

Whilst your screen will work without them, it will certainly be improved after installation and subsequent reboot. I, at least, found a quicker screen change after leaving a game. Now tested on Doom 3 and RCT3 also.

Steve

Last edited:

mara21

fraps and vista

I want to record some inages from Warcraft and i understand Fraps is doing that. I have installed from here and i can not run in Vista.

The setup is complete but when i press shortcut key nothing is happening.
Is working on Vista?