Events triggered by temp sensors?

halcyon

Here is what I'd like to do, please tell me if its possible. I would like to have 1 temperature sensor hooked up to the Crystal Control. Then I want 3 fans hooked up, and set markers in temperature on the probe, so at 35c 1 fan turns on, at 40 c 2 fans turn on, 45 c all 3 fans are on. Is this possible? And ideally I'd like the fan to just be on or off, not halfway on or anything (im really going to be using a relay to then turn on 2 fans).

Also is there any software that can do this in linux with the crystalfontz? (Will be a dual booting machine)

Is this possible?
Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

halcyon said:
Here is what I'd like to do, please tell me if its possible. I would like to have 1 temperature sensor hooked up to the Crystal Control. Then I want 3 fans hooked up, and set markers in temperature on the probe, so at 35c 1 fan turns on, at 40 c 2 fans turn on, 45 c all 3 fans are on. Is this possible? And ideally I'd like the fan to just be on or off, not halfway on or anything (im really going to be using a relay to then turn on 2 fans).

Also is there any software that can do this in linux with the crystalfontz? (Will be a dual booting machine)

Is this possible?
Thanks
I don't know about linux (keep threatening to spend more time with it) ... I'm just with XP right now, and know nothing, grin, but please be patient. ;) These people have some really neat stuff in store for you all! I've said too much so I will now rap my fingers for babbling and hide! :eek:

reider

This driver and program may help, in otherwords run out of the CC2 arena. Actually in the CC2 arena then I haven`t heard of these things being done in Linux.

LCD4LINUX

What you want to achieve may be possible in Windows and CC2 very shortly. At the moment it would be a tad difficult to implement. Right, I need to run before the men in white coats catch me......;) Hang on Daks, I`m coming too.....

Steve

I have written a modificaion to the lcdproc 633 driver that can adjust fans based on temperature. It is rather sloppy: a step below an actual 'patch', and far away from being included in lcdproc proper.

If you have the skill to build and install a linux package for your distro, you can download my modification from https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3019

It is a lot more effort than configuring most linux packages, but it would do what you're interested in.