EL backlight woes

taijiguy

I purchased a CFAG12864B-WGH-N some time ago, and have recently begun to start my project. My biggest problem has been trying to locate a compatible inverter for this thing. Everything I'm finding for displays this size only put out 60-80 volts at a few hundred Hz. And of course, the specs call for approx. 120v @ 4k Hz. I've checked the Digikey website, but in talking to their technical support, the inverter they have for this size backlight (289-1028-ND) only supplies approx 80 volts at 500-600 Hz. It doesn't seem the backlight would be very bright if driven with this inverter. The short question is, where do I find a satisfactory inverter? I feel like I've scoured the internet to no avail, and most places that sell these inverters don't even provide or have technical specifications.
Any recommendations and source for a sufficient inverter for this display?
Thanks,
~Taiji
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Please write sales(at)crystalfontz(dot)com and ask for pricing on a CFAIEL2. That will work fine, but it is not on our web site yet.

taijiguy

CF Tech said:
Please write sales(at)crystalfontz(dot)com and ask for pricing on a CFAIEL2. That will work fine, but it is not on our web site yet.
Could you tell me the specs on this inverter...most specifically the input voltage?

Thanks for your help.
~Taiji

taijiguy

OK, if you could explain this it would help me out: The display I have requires the backlight be supplied 120-400 v @ approx 4Khz. This supply you suggested only provides 80v @ 600 Hz. If you say this wil work I'll take your word for it, but that seems substantially lower than the indicated requirements. It seems that with the power provided by this inverter that the backlight wouldn't be very bright. Could you possibly explain this just for my own edification?

Thanks