Differences in cfag160128e and cfag160128b?

hgboy

I need to use one of these displays for a custom dash project I am working on. These displays happen to be the best size (dont want to cut anything out of my dash). Is there any real difference in these two products? They seem to have similar characteristics, although the b series explicitly says it uses an 8 bit interface. Also, which of the two (if they are different) would be easiest to interface with a pic18f4550?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Support2

Administrator
The primary difference between the CFAG160128B and CFAG160128E is the connection options.

• The CFAG160128B series has a "standard" 0.100" header (2 x 10) and a 20 pin, 1mm pitch, ZIF connector for a FlatFlex Cable.
  • The CFAG160128E series has the same 20 pin, 1mm pitch, ZIF connector as well as a pads for a surface mount connector of your choice.

In an automotive environment, the FFC may vibrate loose so you may be better off with the CFAG160128B series and using a "locking" type header for your connectivity, or even solder directly to the header on the module -- I would not recommend doing this as removal of the module will be difficult, but it will provide for a very solid connection. A locking type header will give you better flexibility when working with your project.

hgboy

Ok, looks like the B series will be the better choice for my application. Does it by any chance come in any other backlight/color options? Like a positive with red backlight?

CF Support2

Administrator
A red LED backlight is available, but there is a 300 piece MOQ (minimum order quantity) as the red LEDs backlights are not as common. More common variants would have a 20 piece MOQ.

For an automotive application, the positive mode display will be your best choice as it will be readable in a variety of lighting conditions.

ausaf

RE: A red LED backlight

A red LED backlight is available, but there is a 300 piece MOQ (minimum order quantity) as the red LEDs backlights are not as common. More common variants would have a 20 piece MOQ.
I want to import in a bulk. What is your thinking about ?