Difference between CFA635-TFE-KU1 and CFA635-TFE-KU2

skazarians

I'm wondering what the difference between the CFA635-TFE-KU1 and the CFA635-TFE-KU2 is? I've tried looking at the two product pages, or the datasheet, and I can't find anything. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Seth
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

skazarians

Ah, I see it now.

You might want to clarify that difference on the main page. The difference of KU1 and KU2 made it seem like the KU2 was the next iteration of the hardware, and that the KU1 was being phased out.

Also, wouldn't it be easier to just sell on item, the CFA635-TFE-KU, and then have people buy the cables separately as opposed to making two different part numbers for effectively the same thing?

And thanks for answering my question.

CF Tech

Administrator
You might want to clarify that difference on the main page.
I'll ask to get it clarified somehow.

The difference of KU1 and KU2 made it seem like the KU2 was the next iteration of the hardware, and that the KU1 was being phased out.
Eeek! We would not want you to think that :eek:

Also, wouldn't it be easier to just sell one item, the CFA635-TFE-KU, and then have people buy the cables separately as opposed to making two different part numbers for effectively the same thing?
The connector we use on the display end of the USB cable is not standard (it is lower profile than the standard USB connectors) and we found that people would order the display without a cable, then they would have to create a second order with the cable, so we bundled the cable and the display in the cart so they always get a cable. Not an ideal situation, I guess.