Data-line voltage

PaNiC

I'm terribly sorry that i don't have a crystalfontz display.. But i simply can't afford the shipping... So i've bought a Seiko 20*4 from a swedish electronics company (fairly good price). I can't get it to work properly though.. It's wired correctly (i've wired some in the past) and just to be sure i tested it with cfah_wintest and a voltmeter.. I found that the voltage on the data-pins was 3.51v while high... The symptoms are as following: The display is properly initialized by software (black boxes disappear) then the cursor jumps from row to row (1 to 4) in the first column. Nothing more happens.. I saw a schematic somewhere describing how to make a buffer for the data-pins. So if someone could send it to me i'd greatly appreciate it. Isn't it basically a very quick relay on each one of the data-pins?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

PaNiC

FYI: The voltage was too low. I connected the display to a setup i knew worked and voila... Now i have to make a buffer circuit :( .. Does anyone have schematics for one?