Daisy Chaining SCABs

ewolff

Do you have any plans to release a SCAB with more than 4 fan headers, or is there a way to run two SCABs on the same LCD? I will have a total of seven fans in my next case and I would like individual control over each fan as opposed to using y splitters.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Sorry, but the current architecture tops out at 4 fans per module. You could do two modules of course, but that is not exactly elegant.

jc634

Administrator
I used to have an xaser III, which has 7 fans. I had the 2 rear; 2 front; and 2 side hooked together to 3 SCAB outputs. I had my CPU fan connected to the last one. Worked quite well.

Jim

ewolff

I am getting a Chenbro SC107. I will have 2 92mm's in front of the Hard Drive Bays connected to one header. 2 120mm fans behind the HDD bays connected to one header. 2 120mm fans at the top of the case for a radiator connected to the third header. The fourth header would have a single 120mm fan at the back. I prefer low DBa to High CFM.

Thoughts?

jc634

Administrator
That should work just fine: just make sure your total amps don't exceed the SCAB ratings. I don't remember what they are right off hand, check the SCAB manual.

If you want to monitor fan RPM's, hook 2 together with a 4-pin connector and have a 3-pin (if you have one) to the SCAB. Do NOT have 2 fan tachs hooked together to the SCAB. You get rather funny results!;)

Jim

jc634

Administrator
I take it you are going to water cool? I am thinking about doing that myself, If I can sneak it past my wife!:D

What will your set-up consist of?

Jim