Crystalfontz LCD 634 SPI-interface with LabVIEW Blackfin

Sawmoo

I am currently involved in a design project in operating the Crystalfontz LCD 634 (yellow backlight) via LabVIEW 8.2 with the EZ-Kit lite ADSP-BF537 Evaluation board. This is basically an embedded application using the SPI driver on the board. There is a pin on the driver (SPI clock) which I can connect to SPI_CLK on the module and SPI Master OUT, which I'm assuming is DATA_IN; however, what is SPI_CS used for?

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in operating this system? I am willing to go into more detail in solving this problem with someone know a little about the concept.

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Sawmoo

Chip Select (CS) will all be what's needed to connect to allow the Blackfin board to interface with the CFA634-YFB-KS? No clock (SPI_CLK)? No DATA_IN?

CF Tech

Administrator
You need /SPI_CLK and SPI_DATA, you might be able to get away without changing /SPI_CS (leave it low):

Sawmoo

Our boards SPI pins have the following descriptions for the pins: SPI Master In Slave Out, SPI Master Out Slave In, SPI Slave Select Enable, SPI Clock (can go with SPI_CLK on module), SPI Slave Select. Which of the pins will correspond correctly to SPI_CS and DATA_IN?

CF Tech

Administrator
Here is my best guess:

Our LCD == Your Board
/SPI_CS == SPI Slave Select Enable
/SPI_CLK == SPI Clock
SPI_DATA (same as DATA_IN) == SPI Master Out Slave In