Crystalfontz LCD 634 SPI-interface with LabVIEW Blackfin

Sawmoo

I am currently involved in a design project in operating the Crystalfontz LCD 634 (yellow backlight) via LabVIEW 8.2 with the EZ-Kit lite ADSP-BF537 Evaluation board. This is basically an embedded application using the SPI driver on the board. There is a pin on the driver (SPI clock) which I can connect to SPI_CLK on the module and SPI Master OUT, which I'm assuming is DATA_IN; however, what is SPI_CS used for?

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in operating this system? I am willing to go into more detail in solving this problem with someone know a little about the concept.

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Sawmoo

Chip Select (CS) will all be what's needed to connect to allow the Blackfin board to interface with the CFA634-YFB-KS? No clock (SPI_CLK)? No DATA_IN?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
You need /SPI_CLK and SPI_DATA, you might be able to get away without changing /SPI_CS (leave it low):

Sawmoo

Our boards SPI pins have the following descriptions for the pins: SPI Master In Slave Out, SPI Master Out Slave In, SPI Slave Select Enable, SPI Clock (can go with SPI_CLK on module), SPI Slave Select. Which of the pins will correspond correctly to SPI_CS and DATA_IN?

CF Tech

Administrator
Here is my best guess:

Our LCD == Your Board
/SPI_CS == SPI Slave Select Enable
/SPI_CLK == SPI Clock
SPI_DATA (same as DATA_IN) == SPI Master Out Slave In