Crystalfontz 634 software?

SIGNOSIS

I'm thinking of purchasing a cyrstalfontz 634 LCD and was wondering what type of software is out there for this? I had a matrix orbital LCD and used the LCDC software. I enjoyed the many features the MO LCD had such as winamp3 especially (spectrum analyzer). Is there ONE software that I can use instead of using a variety of softwares for different functions?

Thanks,

SS
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
To my knowledge, there is no LCD software that does *EVERYTHING* there is to do. A better question for you to ask would be to list the features you're looking for, and then ask if any particular software supports all the things that you're looking for.

Chbuddah86

Ok then what kind of software is there that can display a spectrum analyzer? I'm also thinking of purchasing a 634 LCD bye the way.

CF Support

Administrator
CrystalControl v2 will have the graphic equalizer when it is released (I am testing a beta of CC2, and the spectrum analyzer is beautiful). If that's what'll sell you, then when it's released it'll fit the bill nicely.

dhallag

this software does it all... a little difficult to set up, sometimes a little unstable, but stay with it -- it will work and work well if you stay with it and try different options. The only problem i have is that when running winamp audio streaming, after about 4 hours, the screen goes black -- something i can definately live with for the benefits. Additionally if you register at the web site, you can download screens from other users.... very helpful....

http://www.jalcds.com

Some of the features I like are (it probablyy does a lot more but I have already put in way too many hours with it):

- I have different screens per different logons
- spectrum analyzer included (three different types)
- customized screen jumps
- very advanced customizable options/screens pending on processes running, network traffic, fan speen, cpu/mb temp, time of day, text, etc..., almost anything you can think of
- create you own animated characters or download tons of animated characters
- support for emule, musicmatch
- you can pretty much cut any piece of text out of any text file on your computer. great for updating weather, local, national news,etc... (very advanced)
- the list here goes on and on
- lots of add on plug ins (make sure you get the additional tools because it makes things a little easier to code and test)