Crystalcontrol won't let winXP shutdown

wazza

Cyrstalcontrol wont let winXP shutdown

Hey all
Just having a problem with crystalcontrol, v0.99. When i go to shutdown my computer, CC spits out an error saying "Privelaged instruction" and my computer wont shut down unless i ok that and go to task manager to end process on crystal control. Also a couple of times when ive started the computer, as crystal control loads that error pops up and i get about 20+ of the errors and it locks up my computer (only a reset will get around it, cant get to task manager, cant OK the errors, cant right click-exit CC etc)

Im running winXP Pro, SP1 by the way, its a parallel 16x2 LCD. Thanks in advance for any help!

Also a suggestion for the next version, can we have it so when it goes from screen 1 - screen 2 etc it scrolls over? So like screen 2 pushes its way in from the right and screen 1 gets pushed off the left? And any chance of interfacing it with Getright so you can see how many downloads are going and the % left?
Cheers Wazza
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

PlasmaFire

On your XP config, do you have your User set up with Admin privlages? It's about the only thing I can think of that would be holding up a shutdown. If that does not help, try reinstalling CC.

wazza

Yep, im set up with admin privelages. Oh, and now the multiple "privelaged instruction" on startup thing happens like every 2nd or 3rd time i start the computer :(
Trying out some other software now, but i quite like CC, ill try getting it working later.