CrystalControl V2.00 beta testers wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF Mark

Administrator
Hi all...

Well im finally making good progress on CrystalControl V2.00.
Its still a *long* way off, but having few poeple testing it now will hopefully reduce the amount of hard to find bugs in the future.

Currently, V2 uses only INI files to be setup, and using these is quite difficult (a GUI will come later).
It also doesnt support much at the moment, but supported stats and LCDs will grow quite quickly once the base code is sorted out.

So...
Im after people who are willing to test V2, who are not affraid of horrid looking and hard to follow INI files and who will keep in contact with me with sugestions/bug reports.
If this sounds like you, please reply here.

Also, anyone that would like to look at writing plugin DLLs for V2, also reply.

[---- edit ----]
Ok... Thanks for the responses so far.

CC2 cant show much data as yet...
When it does have a few more data dll's, ill send emails out to the people to who have responded here with instructions on where to get CC2 and how to use it.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

dlangton

I'm perfectly willing. It can't be any more difficult than some of the third party software I've used.

To elaborate I'm running a serial 632 on a third party USB serial port using Windows 2k.

Last edited:

phoink

Able to assist in testing

Another USB 634 available for your testing pleasure!

Water Cooled AMD TBred 2800+, 1G PC3200, ASUS A7N8X DLX

phoink

ccvirus

i'm in

hi,
romania is online ans want to test v 2.

i have only win2k, xp and 2003 installed and a Paralel port lcd 20x4.
I hope this is ok with you.

CF Mark

Administrator
Sorry... should have mentioned... CrystalControl V2 will only support Win2k and XP.
This is due to it being a NT service... although first releases to you guys will probably be a normal windows app.

Johnno

CrystalControl Admin said:
Sorry... should have mentioned... CrystalControl V2 will only support Win2k and XP.
This is due to it being a NT service... although first releases to you guys will probably be a normal windows app.
Still not a problem :) w2k and xp both available

Do you have any idee when you going to send the program ?

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Johnno said:
Do you have any idee when you going to send the program ?
Yeh... when its ready ;)
I dont know when that will be... not too long i hope.
Its working at the moment, but i dont want to give you guys a program you cant use.

Status
Not open for further replies.