CrystalControl LCD Help For a Beginner

ingn

I just got a new CrystalFontz 634 USB. I've installed the Drivers and CrystalControl software. I've adjusted the COM Port and baud speed. How do I use the software to display anything? I am not familiar with this software. How do I use it? Any help would be totally appreciated! Again thanks to all those who can help me get started.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

SeNTiNeL

OK first you have to click on "Add" in the left side of the Crystal Control GUI. Select your appropriate settings and all that jazz. I dont have a 635 so i don't know what thew settings are.

Now click OK. Now go over to the Right side of the GUI and click on "Add new screen". This is where you can add text for the LCD to display or use predefined variables from the list. When you are done, save your screen and click "Done". Now there will be one screen in the list and it should be displayed on the LCD.

From here you can add more screens or whatever you want to do.

Have fun!

Make sure you experiment with all the settings. It takes a long time to get it exactly how you want it.

ingn

Hey Sentinel,

Thanks for your help and input. Everything works nows, thanks. Another question when I try to look at the motherboard monitoring there's nothing there! Do I need to install more software to monitor my motherboard? The motherboard came with a software called winbond. Again thanks for all your help.

ingn

Hey Goodyr,

Thanks for information but the URL link isn't working properly. Do you know another place where I can download the software? What's the name of the software. Thanks goodyr, you and sentinel have been big help!

ingn

Hey Goodyr,

Just downloaded the software. The URL link was down this morning but I got in later. Again thanks for your help...I really appreciate it.