Couple questions with CFA-635

SycoraX

Hi,

sorry for n00b questions, but I just got my CFA-635 +SCAB LCD screen (the thing is amazing btw) and I want to figure out couple things.

1. How can I replace On/Off button in my case with let's say the Green button on the LCD screen? Is it possible to also replace the Reset button?

2. What's good software or plug-in to monitor and adjust CPU Temps/Fan RPMs with LCD Smartie? I don't think latest MBM supports my motherboard (DFI LanParty nForce4 Ultra-D).
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
1. How can I replace On/Off button in my case with let's say the Green button on the LCD screen? Is it possible to also replace the Reset button?
To allow control of the ATX power supply, you will need to get a "WRPWRY14":

This cable allows the module to be powered from your PC's "Vsb", so it can be alive to watch the keypad for the power-on button press.

There are also several jumpers that need to be set to make it operate correctly, and some software commands that need to be sent to configure the software.
2. What's good software or plug-in to monitor and adjust CPU Temps/Fan RPMs with LCD Smartie? I don't think latest MBM supports my motherboard (DFI LanParty nForce4 Ultra-D).
I am not sure of the capabilities that LCD Smartie has to control fan speed. You might check their forum. CC2 has those functions built in now.

SycoraX

Yea I already noticed I need an additional cable for the ATX switches.

I'll try the CC2. Thanks for the reply.

daks001

SycoraX said:
Hi,

sorry for n00b questions, but I just got my CFA-635 +SCAB LCD screen (the thing is amazing btw) and I want to figure out couple things.

#1 You'll need to get one of these from Crystalfontz to make your life easier or you could make the cable yourself if you like....

Power cable ATX

Then have a look at page 11 of the SCAB data sheet to see the solder jumper changes you'll have to make to the SCAB board.

SCAB data sheet.

Short form:On the SCAB, you would want to use a WRPWRY14 connected to J8. You should open JP8 and close JP9 on the SCAB.
On the CFA-635, you will want to open JP2.

635 Data sheet

You will then connect the WRPWRY14 to the PC, and use the packet debugger of 635_WinTest to send Command 28 to configure the ATX and then use Command 4 to make it permanent.

Wintest - 635

I don't know about LCD Smartie but if it supports Speedfan you can can find thier site here....
SpeedFan