Couldnt get work 16x2 LCD on parallel port. Needing help.

XErTuX

Hello everyone.

I bought a 16x2 LCD to use it on my computer with CC2. I dont know if it is HD44780. "TM1602K24-00" that's what writes on the LCD. Here is a picture of the LCD.

First please let me know if i cant use this LCD on my LPT port.

My mainboard is Gigabyte MA78GM-2UDH. So it doesnt have parellel port socket on rear panel. It has on board.

The LPT port on my MainBoard is like that. So, i made a cable fits with this, with your Connection Table.

( i was trying things, that's why there is no Ground cable, lcd_enable and r/w )
http://www.crystalfontz.com/software/crystalcontrol2/manual/lcdsetup-hd44780.html <- this table.

This is Parellel port configuration on my bios. 0x378 selected as port, and SSP mode selected.

So, i couldnt get the LCD work, when i send screens to my lcd, the light of the LCD flips ( Flip i mean it brights low and high, but never shuts down ) but no character showns.

So i thought there is a ground problem, i directly connected the LCD's ground pin to molex's ground, and the +5V too. This time no light flipping but nothing on the LCD too.

I think there is some mistaken cable wrings, according to my mainboard's LPT pins.

Please help me out to find the problem.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

It looks like your ribbon cable is not in the correct contacts on the mobo connector. You have the group of nine wires connected to pins 1-9, and they should be connected to pins 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17.