contrast/backlight

scullinan

I have a 631 serial that cc2 cannot adjust the contrast or backlight on. CC1 was working fine so I imagine i missed something. I am using winxp sp2
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
Try adjusting it in the main CC2 Configuration Screen and then restarting CC2.

I set my 631 at 70% brightness and 100% contrast.

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
jc634 said:
Try adjusting it in the main CC2 Configuration Screen and then restarting CC2.

I set my 631 at 70% brightness and 100% contrast.

Jim
Strange settings.
Mine are always at 100% brightness, 35% contrast.

jc634

Administrator
I tried your settings and they produce about the same display quality, so...

I'll try it for awhile.:)

I set my 634 at 70%/70%. A little brighter than my 631, but my eyesight sucks anymore so it look good to me!

Jim

reider

Not sure if this helps but here goes...... At the moment the brightness/contrast on the sliders within the config screen are not `live`, they only work on restart.

But before you go trying this, the sliders on the task tray icon are indeed `live` and reflect your changes instantly without a reboot (left click of the mouse fetches up the sliders). Admin/Tech will be sorting this issue in the near future. Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on so that we can monitor the situation.

EDIT: Unless I`m much mistaken the settings of the sliders in the task tray whilst being quite agreeably `live` do not retain settings on restart. Whereas, the config sliders are not `live` and yet retain settings on restart. Either that or I`m going stark raving mad, mad I tell ee!!! 30% contrast and 50% brightness here.

Steve

Last edited:

Belgarius

The sliders in the config take precedence over the tray controls on restart/startup, and are not "live" - any changes made in the config requires a restart. The tray sliders are "live", and will make adjustments w/o having to restart. BTW, it's the right click that opens the brightness/contrast, left clicking will eventually open the config panel, or at least that's how it works on mine.

75/35 here, seems to give the best display view for me, then again, I am about blind, and my system sits nearly on the floor, and to my left somewhat.

Belgarius

reider

Definately left click here, right click brings up the pop up config menu. Also, altering contrast or brightness levels does not make this CFA 631 appear to be turned off, only dimmed but still visible. This was from another thread but answered the two here for simplicity, ok I was lazy! ;)

Steve

Last edited:

Belgarius

Doh! :eek:

Right you are, never could tell my right from left, then again, ten thumbs and two left feet on this end. Sorry about that, chief!

I've had a couple of instances here where pulling the brightness slider all the way down didn't quite turn it off, however, re-upping it, and turning it down again has so far succeeded in completely turning the display off.

Belgarius

reider

Belgarius said:
Doh! :eek:

Right you are, never could tell my right from left, then again, ten thumbs and two left feet on this end. Sorry about that, chief!

I've had a couple of instances here where pulling the brightness slider all the way down didn't quite turn it off, however, re-upping it, and turning it down again has so far succeeded in completely turning the display off.

Belgarius
Give that man a Blue Peter Badge, slider trick works here too, all the way up then down=off. Now, if we could just tie that adjustment to a button or two.......

Steve

scullinan

Light

Actually it won't move contrast or brightness in anyway I tried using the 009 input in wintest to reset the eprom still nada so what I see is like a block and its very bright and if you look hard you can see some text under it doesn't matter how many times I restart uninstall or reinstall or even redownloading CC2. For some reason it only does that on the 632 I have a 634 in the same case that runs jaclds and it has no problem with CC2