connecting for CFAG1286T-TMI-V/-WGH-N

biCker

for wiring these two I think I can use this scheme

, but I'm confused of how to connect the backlights. I want to use a pot to adjust the brightness of the leds, (a 100k I suppose) but I also need to use a resistor, right? Anyone knows which one for the TMI-V and which one for the WGH-N?

I also noticed a difference for the 2 lcd's: for the TMI-V pin 18 it says "negative voltage output", for 19 + and 20 -; for the WGH-N 18, 19 and 20 are "NC". What's the difference??

Any help would be appreciated very much

edit: ok, so for the WGH-N backlight I need an invertor 110-170 V and 400-1000 hz and for the TMI-v the resistor should be around 1.875, right?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
The CFAH* CFAG* and CFAX* displays are intended to be designed into an OEM product by an engineer.

We do not offer support for their application in hobby or PC applications, and will not accept returns on displays that have been damaged in an attempt to connect them in hobby or PC applications.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way . . . connect a 10K pot between Vcc (=+5v supplied by you) and Vee (= -voltage generated by the LCD from your +5v). Connect the wiper to Vo. See the drawing on page 8 of the data sheet.

Connect "A" to +5v through an 18.75 ohm (or nearest larger value) resistor, connect K to ground. This will set the backlight to maximum brightness. If you want the backlight to be variable put a 100 ohm, 5W pot between K and ground.

Just use the TMI, unless you need super low power consumption the WGH would not be a good choice.

biCker

ok, I have backlight, contrast pots all working and yes I know, there is no support for thes puppies, but hey, is there a simple program I can use to test if the display is working ? ;)

biCker

Hehe, it wasn't in the download section, was it? Thanks!!
Now I can start searching why it won't work :D

Last edited:

v2hja

What is the right schematic for this test program?

This is what I get:

edit by admin: cropped and sized image

CF Tech

Administrator
The schematic can be inferred by the list or port assignments in the comments at the top of the file of the sample program.

That is pretty whacked. I would look for grounding issues and bouncing on the enable lines.

v2hja

CF Tech said:
The schematic can be inferred by the list or port assignments in the comments at the top of the file of the sample program.

That is pretty whacked. I would look for grounding issues and bouncing on the enable lines.
could u say the file name :)

v2hja

difference between the comments and the schematics

comments
Code:
// PC  PC           Port  Display       Cable
// Pin Name         .bit  Function      Color
//
// 14  /AutoFeed    2.1   CS1           Green/Black
// 16  Init         2.2   RS            Orange/Black
// 17  SelectIn     2.3   CS2           Red/Black
drawing :S
14 CS2
16 CS1
17 D/I (RS)

CF Tech

Administrator
Cool!

I am glad you found the trouble. We would call it a "cold solder joint".

What software is that you are using?

Telek

Did you ever figure out what the correct pinout is? I too noticed the discrepancy between the pinout in the other thread and the source code. Could you clarify which is which?

Thanks!

v2hja said:
difference between the comments and the schematics

comments
Code:
// PC  PC           Port  Display       Cable
// Pin Name         .bit  Function      Color
//
// 14  /AutoFeed    2.1   CS1           Green/Black
// 16  Init         2.2   RS            Orange/Black
// 17  SelectIn     2.3   CS2           Red/Black
drawing :S