Configuration Help

'99

Hi,
I need a litte help with a configuration.

I would like to:
Control 2-3 fan's
Monitor temp's on CPU, GFX, Water in
and maybe 1 or 2 things more.
If possible have an on/off function (light og what ever)

The display will be installed in a Shuttle SN25P, so not bigger than CFA635.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
'99 said:
Hi,
I need a litte help with a configuration.

I would like to:
Control 2-3 fan's
Monitor temp's on CPU, GFX, Water in
and maybe 1 or 2 things more.
If possible have an on/off function (light og what ever)

The display will be installed in a Shuttle SN25P, so not bigger than CFA635.
Control 2-3 fan's : 633 or 631/635 w/optional SCAB

Monitor temp's on CPU, GFX, Water in : Speedfan, RivaTuner, and temp probes. Refer to this thread on water temp probes: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?threadid=2142 . Or use all temp probes if you wish to control fans automatically. I put them on the heatsinks.

and maybe 1 or 2 things more : ???

If possible have an on/off function (light og what ever) :Yep, Download my guide here for instructions: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4130

Jim

'99

Thx. for you're answer.

How do you connect sensors to the SCAB module? and which sensors can I use?

Only problem is the shipping cost to Denmark..... pretty expensive. To bad that no one in Europe sell's the SCAB module :(

knowley

I have the shuttle SN25p. The motherboard already controlls the fans and with a decent Speedfan configuration you can imporve that!

Unless you're modding the case, or not using the 5.25 inch bay for a DVD/CD drive only the 631 will fit.

I've done some screens already for the 631 and the SN25p using a speedfan config thats available to the public... if you're interested don't hestiate to contact me.

(btw there is one shop in the UK which sells Crystal Fontz goodies, but the price they charge works out to exactly the same as buying direct from CF and shipping to the UK yourself...)

'99

@Knowley... LOL "Baconland"... well we still have something to offer.

Would like to see those screens, and to know the name of the shop that sells Crystal Fontz.

Would be better to buy from UK, due to custom's. Dealing inside EU... and it goes right thue. Ordering from US... and they need to send it as a gift or sample, with the value of max. 50 USD.

BTW Knowley.... do you alos post in sfftech's Shuttle forum? Think I saw youre name in there.

knowley

hehe, sorry no offence intended... its just we have these Danish bacon adverts on the tv and I loves a bit of bacon :p

I submitted the screens to Crystal Fontz, they will take some pictures and post them in here: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Displays.html Is the only place I found in the UK selling these lcds but I ended up ordering direct from Crystal Fontz... looking at the prices I think it was cheaper in the end!

CF will not mark the package as sample or gift, but I had no problems over here... the package was received within 3 days from when it was sent, and I had to pay no tax this end... maybe our Customs people/Fedex messed up I don't know?

Yeah I do post there, I get around a bit :eek:

reider

Memory is hazy these days, but I think you get the bill 4-6 weeks after delivery. Just as you start to forget about it they hit you, LOL. The time scale probably varies dependant on how many they have to send out and pursue.

Steve

reider

I could be wrong but i think it was about £16 on a 631 with bracket, etc. Though this varies, it gives an indication.

Steve

'99

Hi Knowley... no offence taken.... where would we be without humor? :D

LOL... still beat ya in football, but did'nt make it to Germany 2006 :(

Looking forward to see the screen's.

Regarding modding the SN25P... I was planning on replacing the, blue pieces with white acryl. That would make me able to place the larger 635 on the front. Do you use the SCAB module? Think I need to when I watercool the Shuttle.

About kustompcs... been mailing them some time ago, and at that time they did'nt ship outside UK. But I think they have changed there mind. Think I'll do like you and order directly from CF.

Have you ever bought something from www.overclockers.co.uk? Planing on getting my GFX from them... I can save a bit ordering from UK, and I cant find BFG i Denmark.

BTW. Knowley... how is you're SN25P config? I still need to get the last details in order http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx?catid=43&threadid=83874&STARTPAGE=4&enterthread=y

Look for the same nick ('99)

knowley

No I don't use the SCAB module, I just rely on speedfan to do the job for me. The screens I made are for the 631 for the 3.5inch floppy bay. I am considering getting the 635 like you but wanted to put it in the top of the case facing upwards as my box tends to sit on the floor. Good luck with the water cooling, if only I had the time and money...

Yes, I get most of my stuff from overclockers.co.uk.. I think avoid the b-grade stock thought ;)

Mines running great since I got new SATA cables, befoer then it was a pig!

knowley

Oh yes, he's done a lovely job on that but unfortunately rendered the 631s buttons useless.

I want to put an LCD in the top of my case facing upwards...

'99

You said that you used speedfan to control the fans.... how much resource's does it take? Would if be easy'er if the CF control'ed it thru a SCAB module?