Computer Freezes at Restart using CrystalControl2

koei

I just noticed this problem few days ago. It seems that with the new version of CC2 installed and fan control enabled, my system would freeze if I tries to restart or shutdown. I had the fans set to 70% and when I try to restart or shutdown, it could proceed normally and close everything and exit window, and it would pause there for a bit, until CC2 is closed which I can tell from the fan spinning back to 100% and then after that, the system just hangs there. No reboot or shutdown and the screen is also frozen. Is there a way to correct this problem?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
It happens to me occasionally. I am not sure if it is CC2, or some other combination of programs that decide to not shut down properly.

I recently got a 633. I plan on hooking up a fan to it shortly, so I will see if there is 633/fan specific problem in the next few days.

From your post, I take it happens all the time... or just sometimes? In my case, when it happens, I just either hit the reset or off button.:)

If it persists, I would suggest that you uninstall CC2 and reinstall. It might help.

Jim

jdgordon

im actually having the same problem... except i dont think its cc2 thats the issue... ill be formatting soon so if it is ill know pretty quickly..

also, depending on which plugins you are using, i can take a while to close (jdg_rss is a naughty bugger and can take a min to stop.. sometimes...)
________
Fisting pussy

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
jdgordon said:

also, depending on which plugins you are using, i can take a while to close (jdg_rss is a naughty bugger and can take a min to stop.. sometimes...)
Sure, blame on it on some obscure plugin author!:D

Jim

koei

It isn't all the time, although the only times reboots are successful are only if I reboot/shutdown shortly after I boot up into windows. If I use windows for short while or longer, it will most definately freeze if I reboot/shutdown. I uninstalled CC2 for the time being and so far it has gotten rid of the problem. I am still thinking it has something to do with the fan control although I cannot be certain, but it is inherently something to do with CC2 which I've concluded.

reider

My 631/scab locks up occasionally, I can just forget about restart/shutdown when this occurs. However, use the 'alt-ctrl-del' to do an endjob on CC2 and it works perfectly every time. Doesn`t solve it but sure helps a great deal.

Steve

CF Mark

Administrator
koei said:
It isn't all the time, although the only times reboots are successful are only if I reboot/shutdown shortly after I boot up into windows. If I use windows for short while or longer, it will most definately freeze if I reboot/shutdown. I uninstalled CC2 for the time being and so far it has gotten rid of the problem. I am still thinking it has something to do with the fan control although I cannot be certain, but it is inherently something to do with CC2 which I've concluded.
I ocasionally have the problem here too.
I didnt think it could be CC2 as it still happens when the service isnt running.

Ill see what i can find though.

BTW.... were you using email checking, the rss plugin, or game server checking?
These can stop CC2 from stopping correctly, i need to get this fixed.

jc634

Administrator
FWIW, I do notice that when I update Windows and do a restart, it happens. Updated today and no problems, but I know that this has been the cause for me most of the rest of the time.

Jim

koei

The only screen I was using was for temp probing. I was using the built in fan control function as well, but nothing else.

CF Mark

Administrator
Do you still have it installed?

You could try removing the unused plugin DLLs from the cc2-service directory.
This would help find what is causing the problem.

koei

cc2_bigchars.dll
cc2_cchar.dll
cc2_hbar.dll
cc2_histogram.dll
cc2_keyboard.dll
cc2_process.dll
cc2_sysinfo.dll
cc2_textfile.dll
cc2_timedate.dll
lcd_631.dll
lcd_632.dll
lcd_633.dll
lcd_634.dll
lcd_635.dll

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, thats still quite a few.

If you are willing to do some quick testing, try only leaving the lcd_xxx.dll (for your LCD) and cc2_datetime.dll.

Remove the rest and just run a date/time screen.

See if you still have the problem.

The onyl way to work out the problem is by trial and error :(