Characters messed up in LCDproc

BigMax

my 632 was amazingly easy to set up with LCDproc (latest = 0.41).

My only gripe is that some characters are not displaying correctly, most prominently the "inverse space" (all black pixels), which displays as "}"

I looked briefly at the driver source but did not see an obvious character table.

Any help would be appreciated!

BigMax
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
This issue recently came up on the LCDproc list, it is related to the v2.0 CGROM.

Guillaume Filion made these posts on the LCDproc mailing list:

>Eddie Sheldrake also provided a patch (attached to this email) for
>the CFontz.c driver. You just have to drop this file in place of the
>file at server/drivers/CFontz.c and recompile with make.
>
>We did not put it in the CVS since we did not figure out a way to
>make it work with both the 1.x and 2.x firmwares, yet.
>
> . . .
>
>Also, I put a copy of CFontz.c on my web site in case the
>attachment got corrupted (since I'm posting from a Mac):
>
>http://logidac.com/gfk/CFontz.c

I do not know much about the LCDproc/Linux setup, but apparently replacing that file should fix it.

zouo

I have the same issue with my LCD. Lots of }}}} I am running lcdproc-0.4-pre9 and that update wouldn't compile. Same goes for 0.4.1.

Does anyone know which release the update works with?

zouo

That CFontz.c file won't compile because there are some includes that are only in the latest release.

However, the latest CVS-0.4.3 works. The block characters are fine. BUT and it's a big BUT, the backlight doesn't work on 0.4.3 and in a dark server room it's somewhat essential!

I've gone back to 0.4.1 with the } characters because I can live with them but I can't live without the backlight.