CFAP2002A-YJC-S oled 2*20, Is it dead?

killernils

Hi all, I´ve resently bought the 2*20 pled/oled display from a shop in sweden(where I do live).actually I´ve bought two, one for me and one for my friend. But both of us screwed up while wireing it up(excuse my, proberly, bad english, please). Because of a bad schematic my friend "mirrored" the Lpt(paralell)contact, but I made proberly a more worse mistake. I shift the 5v and the ground, and it had voltage on in about 3 sec before I shut it down. That resulted in a little "melty" wire. That is the wire from pin 1 on de oled to the lpt-contact, BUT in the middle of this wire there is a potensiometer(I hope it´s called so in english) and the "1-pin" wire from the oled to the potensiometer seems unharmed, only the "1-pin" wire from the potensiometer down to the lpt-contact is harmed.

My question is, could someone of those displays still be used or should I assume that they are dead. My own display(that I´ve switch 5v grnd), I cant really get working, but I dont know if it is because of software-problems.

And for those who want to know, when I´ve shift the 5v and grnd, the displayed lit up.... :S

I´ve attached the used schematic or just use this link:
http://www.fractronics.com/lcdcontrast.gif
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Skookum

Not till the fat lady sings... as it were

Alright, if it is one thing i have learnt while hacking LCD's it is that there are many things that can make a screen appear "dead". I would check your wiring connections first. Second i would attempt to use the screen on another computer. I was testing a homebrew lcd on a laptop and it appeared dead but then tested it on a desktop and it worked like a charm. Next i would use crystalcontrol to test the lcd, it supports most generic LCD chipsets. Then I would check your wiring again! Also check to see if the contrast is turned up on the screen!

If anyone dissagrees with what i have written feel free to post a msg, lets just help these guys out!

SKookum

killernils

Thanks man, but I´ve already tried the oled on different computers, with no success :(
And I know that the wiring is correct, I have made two cables and two different connection on the display. If I have understand right I should set the lpt-port on Epp in bios?, but there is two epp modes: epp 1,7 and epp 1.9?
But i have requested a new oled now, so it should be here tomorrow. Lets se then... I don´t mind two working oled, dogh :D

I´ve downloaded the CFAH_WinTest.zip (hopefully the right crystal... program)