CFAH4002A-TFH initialisation?

NewKleer

Hi,

Having a look at the CFAH4002A-TFH datasheet, the initialisation for the module (4-bit) seems different from standard hd44780 (which most other datasheets have a similar initialisation to). ive tried following both the initialisation in the datasheet, and the standard hd44780 (which has worked fine for a microtips lcd ive got, and the 2004K cf lcd a year ago).

All i get is the lcd sitting at the black bar/white bar (which means its alive at least). Should anything that works for standard hd44780 work for this? (if so, why is the datasheet different from standard?)

Peter
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

NewKleer

i had EN shorted to ground, fixed that and it works now - but i thought it wasnt working due to initialisations differences in datasheet from standard

0x2? (eg 2 then NF**, eg 0x28) is stated as being sent twice in 4-bit mode on CFAH4002ATFHJP, hd44780 requires it only once. i put in two 0x28's, but didnt try with just the 1 to see if it would work.

few other minor differences later on with clearing/turning display on/off but i dont think that matters.

CF Tech

Administrator
In real life, the controllers we use are more modern than the HD44780, and may accept a simplified initialization sequence. They should accept the "original" HD44780 initialization sequence fine though.