CFAH2004A-YMC-JP not working

ThatOneGuy

i baught a CFAH2004A-YMC-JP about 5 months ago and i finnaly got around to setting it up. i have the wiring right(i think) but i can only get a stand-by screen. the top row and 3rd rows are off and the 2nd and botton are on. i have tryed 4 different programs to get this thing working but to no avail. any help would be well... helpfull.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
We do not recommend the parallel modules (such as the one you are interested in) for end-user PC applications. These modules require more extensive wiring knowledge and the proper tools. These modules are primarily intended for OEM (manufacturer) use.

We do not offer end-user tech support on the CFAH* series LCDs in PC applications. We will not accept returns on CFAH* LCDs damaged in an attempt to connect them to a PC.

That said, if you merely have the power and contrast hooked up correctly, you will get the top row (or alternating rows) of full-on characters. You need not even have any of the data lines hooked up to get that supposed "test screen" on the display.

I would check each individual data line with our CFAH_Wintest software, which you can download from here: http://www.crystalfontz.com/softwar...Test/index.html

If only one data line is not connected properly, the entire display will do nothing of consequence and will not update when you send data to it.