CFAH2004A Series Question

runt

I currently have a Matrix Orbital LCD2041 with some scratched traces on the LCD module itself. I am unable to find anyplace that sells the actual LCD module so I can replace it. I am wondering if it would be possible to replace it with a CFAH2004A series module.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
It would be up to you to make sure all the mechanical features line up, that the electrical signals are the same, and that the backlight current is compatible. That disclaimer in place :rolleyes: I think it would drop right in.

Probably a CFAH2004A-TMI-JP would work with the correct backlight resistor:

Be forewarned that we do not support the CFAH* series displays in a PC. This mod would be at your own risk.

runt

Thanks for your reply. I am going to have a friend (who just happens to be an electrical engineer) go over the spec sheets tomorrow. If they are the same we are going to try his display (I think its a CFAH2004A-RMC-JP) and if it works, I will order one.

Last edited:

runt

Tried using my friend's LCD today and it works fine :D Better question is, is there any place that sells them cheaper than directly from Crystalfontz?

Last edited: