Cfah1602a-agb-jp

evilminds

Hi, I'm curious about something, hope someone can shed some light on this for me,,,,

My current project requires an 80 x 36 pcb max like the CFAH1602B-TMC-JP but i really like the looks of the CFAH1602A-AGB-JP.

and now i'm wondering if the glass's and backlights are interchangeable??

or if it's possible to order an CFAH1602B-TMC-JP only with the glass and backlight of the CFAH1602A-AGB-JP?

Thanks,
Rick
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
We can usually build up modules like this. Please write support(at]crystalfontz[dot}com (edit to "@" and ".") with your request and they let you know the details.

evilminds

wow!!!

man that reply was so fast. i just about spit my soft drink all over my monitor! hehe

thanks for the quick reply it was very unexspected. i think i'm gonna like dealing with your company.
with fast tech support like that, hey you got my vote!! :)

Thanks,
Rick

CF Tech

Administrator
Thanks for the kind words, but you just happend to catch me when I was checking the forum--we certainly are not always that fast :)

evilminds

hehe well it's nice to know that a forum is monitored, even if it is simply by chance or timing :)

i forgot to ask something else too..i've already emailed support from the link you supplied about the alterations i would like, but i have an additional question maybe you can help me or anyone else who reads this could give some insight on this..

I've already laid out my project for a different type of display. one which has the K and A reversed from what these are....so rather than cutting the trace on either the display PCB or my project PCB and criss crossing K and A with jumper wires.
I'm wondering if the trace could be cut just before the backlight leads and Surface Mount Diodes could be used to reverse the voltage going to K and A..which would make the whole thing look alot cleaner than having wires jumped somewhere?

Surface Mount Diodes could be used to reverse the voltage going to K and A
You mean "steering diodes", like putting in a diode bridge? Yes, you can do that, if you don't mind adding another 1.1 to 1.4 volts to the voltage requirement for the backlight. This method would put the total backlight voltage required above 5 volts, which would complicate the power requirements a lot. Or maybe you could find a schottky bridge, and the added voltage drop would only be 0.6 to 0.7 volts. That would make for a very small value of limiting resistor.

But how would that look less kludgey that a jumper?

Last edited:

evilminds

Hi, yeah after thinking on it a bit your right. using diodes won't work unless the input voltage going to the display was AC, which isn't an option in my design....so i'm left with running jumpers or some ingenious way of using 0 ohm resistors to get the K and A reversed.

Last edited:

daks001

Looking at the pictures of the CFAH1602B-TMC-JP I think you mean you want to switch connector pins 15 and 16? I can see how you can make 15->16 on the back with a small trace cut and a blob of solder, but it looks like a jumper wire and a trace cut for 16-> 15 on the top of the board. Jumper wire could be tucked under the display. Can't be sure because I don't have one in my hand. Post a picture of your board... maybe it would be easier there?

evilminds

Hi, well that project has already been completed, i simply used the original display i ordered and just changed the backlight Led and reversed the anode and cathode to keep from running jumpers. problem solved!:D

Thanks for replaying tho,
Rick