CFAG320240(CX-TFH-T-TS) Help

morg2541

Hi everyone,

I am working to interface a CrystalFontz display with a Rabbit (RCM4010 - http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/rcm4000/) and am a little confused. I have followed the init command examples found for this model, including the one in the manual - but I am still unsure as to what the result of this initialization code should be?

I have adapted the functions to run in the Dynamic C programming but I now I feel like I am spinning my tires. Iam very new to embedded programming and the C programming language and I know that eventually I will succeed, but after how many more hours of frustration. If someone could please give me a bump in the right direction, or at least tell me what the results of the init should be, I would be most grateful.

Also, is MWRITE the command used to write to the LCD memory to generate objects on the screen?

Thanks all.

-morg2541
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

morg2541

So I'm still not sure if I have successfully initialized the display. However, I am able to write characters to it, clear the layers, and move the cursor. Does this mean that my attempt has worked? :confused: I would imagine that being able to display something is a good thing but again, I'm not altogether sure.

Once I'm comfortable manipulating text, I hope to start on the graphics next. Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks.