CFAG14432A-YYH-TT or CFAG14432B-YYH-TT

typhon62

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the CFAG14432 144x32 displays. The data sheet shows that there is a serial mode that uses CS, SCLK, and SID. The pinout of the CFAG14432 displays show none of these pins listed. The ST7920 data sheet is worthless because its in chinese and I've not been able to find english version.

How do I talk serial to these displays?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

typhon62

OK, thanks for the datasheet.

Two more questions:

1) Page 8 of your CFAG14432 datasheet shows a RST* signal going to the LCD display but there is no RST* on the 16 pin connector. Is there a reset line?

2) How do you adjust the contrast on the CFAG14432?

3) What is the VO pin used for?

CF Support

Administrator
My apologies for the block diagram, the RST line is in error.

As for questions 2 and 3, they are the same. Vo is your contrast adjustment pin, which is detailed in the datasheet.

typhon62

My apologies for the block diagram, the RST line is in error.

As for questions 2 and 3, they are the same. Vo is your contrast adjustment pin, which is detailed in the datasheet.
Which datasheet, the ST7920 of the CFAG14432. The CFAG14432 datasheet shows the VO pin as an output and if you search for contrast it comes up with "contrast ratio" on page 6 and "external contrast adjustment" on page 8. It shows VO as an output and no contrast adjustment pot.

Is VO not an output?
Does the contrast pot connect to VDD and VSS with the wiper going to VO?
If yes, what value should the pot be?

The ST7920 datasheet has no info at all on contrast.

I'm sorry if I'm being dense on this, but it should not be this hard to get such basic info out of a datasheet. I use and love your CFAG12864B-TMI-V displays and their datasheets are great.

Thanks for all of the quick replies!!!