CFAG12864B-TMI-V problems

tom

Dear All,

I am working on an application involving the CFAG12864B-TMI-V with a 16 bit micro. I am quite familiar with the micro, but have no experience with the CFAG12864B-TMI-V . I have spent the last couple of days trying to get the CFAG12864B-TMI-V to work but with no luck. I would therefore appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions for me:

1. What are the operating voltages? I have VDD at 5.0V and assume that all the logic lines are running at 5V to (H). I initially had A (LED backlight +) at 5.0 but, after observing some serious flickering, concluded that this is supposed to be at 3.3V . Would you agree with my settings? What is the valid voltage range for K (LED backlight -)

2. What should I do with Vo and Vee? What are the allowable voltage ranges?

3. What is the write sequence for this device?
I have tried the following C++ code (part of a slightly larger class). I have used all of the basic components (I/O ports/port lines) in several previous projects so the only new factor is the CFAG12864B-TMI-V. My code looks as follows:

void WriteInstruction(TU8 byte)
{
TU16 i;

/* set E low */
Disable();
for(i = 0; i < 1000; i++);

/* set D/I low */
data_instruction_line->SetLow()
for(i = 0; i < 10000; i++);

/* set E high */
Enable();

/* set the DB0 to DB7 lines */
data_port->Set(byte);

/* set E low */
Disable();
}

void WriteData(TU8 byte)
{
TU16 i;

/* set E low */
Disable();

/* set D/I high */
data_instruction_line->SetHigh();

/* set E high */
Enable();

/* set DB0 to DB7 */
data_port->Set(byte);

/* set E low */
Disable();
}

Kind regards

Tom
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.