CFA635-YYE: Temperature Control / Autonomous operation

puppetboy

Skimming some of the posts, I realied that the CFA635-YYE was being used for temp control in computers. Is there any reason the CFA635-YYE cannot be used for home temperature control ?

Regards
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
You could probably use a CFA-635+SCAB as the interface to a home temperature control system.

The fan connectors are an open-drain N type FET that pulls to ground when the fan is set to on. You would probably only want to use 0% or 100% fan setting. In between, the output will PWM, which would probably not be useful in your application.

puppetboy

I apologize for so many questions.
Which part of the datasheet describes what kind of autonomous operatons the CFA635-YYE is capable of ?
How much control using the keypad and LCD in autonomous mode can be acheived ?

Regards

puppetboy

CFA635-YYE : suggestion

The suggestion I am making may already be in the CFA635-YYE's repetoire. Since I am new to these products I may have missed some information that would have illuminated me.

I think it would be great if the CFA635-YYE could be configured to read 32* temp sensors and have trip points set ( with hysteresis range ) that activate and deactivate an associated 1wire relay ( DS2406 or equivalent )

Regards

CF Tech

Administrator
It does not have any autonomous capability. There has to be a host of some kind (typically a PC) involved.

By using a PC and some custom software, you could do the one-wire relay bit.

There are a few customers that have built new firmware for the micro that is on the CFA-635. If you started with that code (PM me and I'll give you one fellow's contact information) and were willing to buy the development tools, you could make it do pretty much anything you wanted.

The processor on a CFA-635 is a CY8C27543, which is reasonably capable to do what you want.