CFA631 Hardware Question

dabinka

CFA631 Harware Question

Greetings to all!

I am considering to purchase a CFA631 LCD Module to fit in the second floppy bay of my Sparc Ultra 60 Computer. The computer runs Solaris 10 for Sparc 64. I hope to grab a 5 Port (4 ext, 1 int) USB PCI Card to use with it so I can just plug the LCD into the internal USB port on the card, no wires no mess.

Unfortunately, Crystalfontz doesn't seem to have a whole deal of information on the CFA631 dealing with its workings and pinouts/such. I will be using LCDProc probobly to run the LCD display.

What I want to know is this: The page on the CFA631 mentions Temperature sensing and fan control. It would be great if I could stick some thermal probes on the 2 CPU's, the RAM area, the PCI Card cage area, and the SCA Drive cage. Although I don't know if it can handle 5 probes or not.

Pretty much what I'm asking is what sort of capabilities the unit has for using temperature probes and such. Also- what sort of "plug" or "plugs" would I need to interface such probes onto the LCD? It looks like that weird header to the side would be where I'd plug it all into, although, I have absolutely no clue what sort of socket that is. Or is there a cable that CF offers that just has tinned leads on the end of it or something?

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
There will be a small PCB that has standard connectors for fans & temps. Basically when you add this PCB to the CFA-631, it will have the same capabilities as the CFA-633.

That product will be available in the future--no hard date is set.