CFA-635 blank screen

Giannis86

Hello,
i recently recieved my cfa-635 lcd but i cant get it to display anything (it remains completely blank). First of all i would like to note that i read similar topics in the forums but i could not solve it.

This is how i installed the lcd and SCAB

is there any connector or anything that i missed? i was a bit confused upon purchase of the wires:confused:

Installation (Win XP 32b)
i first installed the cf-usb-2154b driver and then connected the lcd on my usb as shown below

after the installation of the driver, the display does not show anything.
I then tried 635 Wintest 1.0 to test the module
wintest was sending packages but the status bar displayed "looking for module"
I would also like to note that in device manager the device is visible under the Ports and USB controller sections.

Is there anything that i am doing wrong? How can i fix this problem?
Also, I am living in the Netherlands so i would rather try any possible solution first, rather than sending it back
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

reider

Did you download and install the latest CC2 software from the forum? I see no mention of that. After install you need to configure the LCD module then add some screens or configure them via the CC2 GUI. Their is a manual included and it explains things very well. Only, you mention the driver but not the CC2 software.

https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=5767

Reider

Giannis86

i have tried that too but with no success. on the instructions paper it stated that i should install the drivers, then the module and the CC afterwards. thats what i did and i had no luck. As far as i know from a review, you get an intro screen when you power it up, however i didnt. By the way, by blank i mean, nothing, no light, not even the leds power up.

did i install the hardware correctly as you see from the pictures above?

by the way, a sidenote to what CC2 displays when i select the CFA-635 module

CF Support2

Administrator
Since you have the SCAB, you will need to connect a 4-pin floppy header to the 4 pin power header on the SCAB -- in this configuration, the CFA635 does not pull power from the USB header. We open JP2 so the USB subsystem is not back-powered by the module.

You may have received a WRUSBY12 in your kit. It is a 4 pin MOLEX to 4 pin floppy header adapter. I highlighted the power header on the SCAB for you.

Attachments

Giannis86

Since you have the SCAB, you will need to connect a 4-pin floppy header to the 4 pin power header on the SCAB -- in this configuration, the CFA635 does not pull power from the USB header. We open JP2 so the USB subsystem is not back-powered by the module.

You may have received a WRUSBY12 in your kit. It is a 4 pin MOLEX to 4 pin floppy header adapter. I highlighted the power header on the SCAB for you.
i dont have any of these cables...can i get them at any pc store?it would take a lot of time to order one from crystalfontz until it arrives in NL

another question, if i remove the scab and redo the installation, will the module work?

CF Support2

Administrator
You should be able to get a 4 pin molex to floppy power Y cable or adapter at a local computer store.You can see some images for our WRPWRY12 here:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/cables/WRPWRY12_images.html

If you want to power the module without the SCAB, you will need to close JP2 and then re-open it should you want to use the SCAB again. Your power supply may have a 4-pin floppy header on it. I know that the last couple power supplies I have personally purchased, the floppy power header was an included adapter and not actually part of the power leads.