CFA-635 and CGROM

zeusweb

Hi

Does anyone have an example of displaying a character from the cgrom character set via VB6 (yes I know almost everyone hates Vb apart from me!)?

The layout of the packet would be a start eg Command/Type, length, data layout etc etc.

I have all other funcionality working apart from utilising cgrom which although is not critical is desirable.

Tony
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Do you have code of how to build up a packet like "Hello World" and display it at 0,0, for instance? Post that and I'll see if I can remember enough VB to put a "CGROM" character in it.

zeusweb

I had a brainwave this afternoon and finally worked it out, I had to alter my generic routine to write data to the lcd but I can now output characters from the cgrom character set. Basically I had to parse my input string looking for a 'control char' that indicated the cgrom character code to be displayed, then put the number into the byte array.

Tony

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

swaghost

Hey, could you post some code to do that?

I've kinda copied/hacked/rewritten/cobbledtogether an API in C# for the CrystalFontz 635 but I have yet to tackle that part.

Basically my API
- insulates the serial commands by providing a function that takes more 'normal' arguments.
- Spits out different types of events when data is available.

For example, function "SetLED" takes a 'LEDControlStructure' which allows you to set the index you're controlling, the red strength and green strength. If you press a key, or request the HardwareFirmware the class will generate a specific event that has everything parsed already.

(Obviously some of this wasn't new, I did polish and re-organize some code I found....I'll post my code when finished and give everyone proper credit if anyone would like to contribute.)

My aim was to build some kind of easily usable display class so I can build a stock ticker/screener, e-mail checker (etc.) agent that can have multiple output devices (the CF635, MSNMessenger style popups, e-mail,regular screen, etc.) along with multiple input sources (agent) that can be dropped into the directory via new dll's as I think of them. (Hope that made sense)