CFA-635/631 Additional Hardware

trug33k

So for the longest time there was talk of an expansion board for the CFA-631 that'll allow it to have temp and fan sensors, and I've been patiently waiting for any actual updates on this. This is mainly because i love the gapless look on it and the fact it does more characters across than the CFA-633.

Well now that the CFA-635 has come out, I really want that, especiaclly since it's 4 lines of text and a keypad all in a size that'll fit a 5 1/4 bay. Only problem is again it is going to require a separate expansion board to have temp/fan sensors. On top of that there isn't a bay drive bracket made for it yet.

So my question is, when is any of this additional hardware actually going to come out? :confused:

I hate to sound so imptient/demanding, but the CFA-635 would be perfect for what I wanna do if it had a temp sensor connector and preferably a prefabricated bay kit.

Any actual info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :D
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
trug33k said:

So my question is, when is any of this additional hardware actually going to come out? :confused:

I hate to sound so imptient/demanding, but the CFA-635 would be perfect for what I wanna do if it had a temp sensor connector and preferably a prefabricated bay kit.

They both exist (I have both) and while the definitive answer on when will have to come from CF, it should be soon.

The item to add temp sensors is an add-on board (635 and 631), so you can buy the 635 now and add later.

Jim

trug33k

I definitely agree the 635 is a great display.

My only concern buying it ahead of time is if there will be a package deal later where it's a little cheaper to buy the 635 and the expansion board as a package versus buying individually. Plus without the temp sensors, the 635 is useless to me other than to look pretty.

Also it still lacks a pre-made bay mounting bracket. I would make one myself if I knew how best to go about it and/or I had any skill in doing such things.

Thanks for the info, at least I know the expansion board exists. Though any chance you know how I can get one of these expansion boards sent my way? With me paying for it of course, though wouldn't mind getting it for free :D

Hopefully a CF rep will see this and post a definite answer as to when they will be publicly purchasable. Oh well the wait continues. :(

jc634

Administrator
CC admin is finishing adding a GUI for fan/temp settings. ONce done and debugged, I think you will see the module very quickly.

Jim

CF Tech

Administrator
You can get the beige and black CFA-635 mounting brackets by e-mailing your order to sales(at)crystalfontz(dot)com (change to actual "@" and "." ;)). Just need a bit to finish getting them onto the web site. Actually you could probably get a SCAB too, if you do not mind waiting a day or so for pricing.

trug33k

Thank you very much for that info! :D :D

Is there any known problems with the SCAB or is there anything still being debugged hardware-wise? Or is it basically ready to go and you guys are waiting for a bunch to be made first?

Also is the 'special' order pricing going to be all that bad for ordering the SCAB that way?

Sorry for all the questions, just very excited over the idea of actually getting this part of my project up and running. Once I can get a few things straightened out money-wise definitely going to be sending an email off about this stuff. :cool:

Thanks again and it's finally good to hear that I might not have to wait all that long for this. :)

CF Tech

Administrator
The hardware is good. The pricing will be reasonable . . . it should be what ends up as the standard pricing for the part.