CFA-634 USB, winamp menu?

jeffpalmerbh

Greetings, I just recieved my wonderful CFA-634 USB LCD.

I failed to notice that the LCDdriver plugin for winamp only works on the serial version of this LCD, is there any way through CC2, or winamp to browse through files and open playlists/files through the keyboard or remote?

That is browse and see what your browsing? Smartie plugin only works with built in buttons atm, any solutions?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator

daks001

jeffpalmerbh said:
Greetings, I just recieved my wonderful CFA-634 USB LCD.

I failed to notice that the LCDdriver plugin for winamp only works on the serial version of this LCD, is there any way through CC2, or winamp to browse through files and open playlists/files through the keyboard or remote?

That is browse and see what your browsing? Smartie plugin only works with built in buttons atm, any solutions?
CC2 does not have a GUI editor yet, there is a basic screen installer but to do the advanced stuff you have to edit the ini files directly.... but if you d/l it you will see in the plugin_info subdirectory, a sample of the ini files, there is one for keyboard and from that you could asign certain key combinations to do what you want. We can give you a hand over in the CC2 forums if you want to give it a try.

jeffpalmerbh

I finally got LCDriver to work, its wonderful. I goofed up and there was a config inside the plugin where it defaulted to com1 for the lcd. Even though i had changed it in my computer settings, this is how the plugin set itself up as. But now i have it up and running and its all i really need.

The problem with CC2 is that i wouldnt be able to see myself browsing through the files, nor selecting them. And since this is for an mp3 box that will never see explorer or a monitor after its initial setup, it was crucial to make it vieable through the lcd.

Granted id love to have some other features of out side things like email, and stats that comes with smartie, but what can i expect from a pure mp3 box eh?

Thanks for the help folks.
Cheers.