CFA-633 - Can it do what I'd like it to?

Txiasaeia

Forgive me if this question has been asked a thousand times, but before spending over $130 CAD on an LCD/fan controller, I'd just like to make sure it can do what I'd like it to. I like the fact that the community is so active!

Anyway, I'm looking to get the CFA-633. I'd like it to control two fans (CPU fan - Panaflow LIA-92mm, stepping from 7v to 12v, and the PSU fan - Seasonic S12-380W), possibly a third case fan. I'd like to use the keypad to cycle through various displays as well as controls for the fan - Winamp (what can you do with Winamp? Song title? eq?), CPU & case temp, fan speed, HD usage, network activity, and control of the two or three fans. More specifically, it'd be nice to set up a menu on one screen and use the keypad to select an option, the middle button to activate.

So is it possible to do all of this? I don't know hardly anything about programming, but given an extensive enough manual I could probably figure it out. Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
The short answer is, yes.

Without the GUI interface for CC2 (yet), it requires some programming of the .ini files. There are several of us Beta testers that can help you thru this, however.

Jim

Txiasaeia

jc634 said:
The short answer is, yes.

Without the GUI interface for CC2 (yet), it requires some programming of the .ini files. There are several of us Beta testers that can help you thru this, however.

Jim
I'm not going to be buying the CFA-633 for another month or two - any chance the GUI will be ready by then? Glad to hear that it will work for what I need, though! Thanks!

jc634

Administrator
You might post this this question in the CC2 forum. Should get a quicker answer there.

Regardless, it is not to difficult to program the keys, fan control, etc.

Jim