CC2 feedback

dhs

Hi,

doesn't read any parameter from my pc (while CC1 does), except for the WinAmp Plugin.

Otherwise it always shows values as zeroes.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

dhs

Hi,

Zero to all "common values" such as CPU occupation, ram, free space on HDs and so on.

no MBM , speedfan or others (i guess they aren't needed, right?).

WinXP SP2, motherboard is an Abit NF7-S.

b.

la.ultima

Hi!

Same as "dhs", CPU usage don´t work correctly (usage 300-500%!!) in next time only 0%, but the most time it show´s 0% , Frap´s shows framerates +300-400fps over regular fps, HDD usage dont work!

First using MBM, then i try Speedfan (keep) , OS XP SP2, Board IC7 MAX 3,#

greetings

CF Mark

Administrator
With fraps, you must be using the same version as in the screen name file, otherwise youll have problems.
In this case, you must use version V2.3.5.

Ok, there is a new version of FRAPS out, ill have to make new screens for version 2.5.0.

As for the CPU and HDD problems, in the "cc2-service\perfmon_enum" is a small app called "perfmon_enum.exe".
Can you run this, and then zip up and attach the file it creates in here?

Itll help work out what the problem is.

la.ultima

Yes, the tags are in German, because Crystalfontz Displays also in Austria very popular! :)

Also the software, but i think it´s not the problem of german OS- interface, CC1 runs perfectly!

Right, Fraps on my System is Version 2.5.0!

I have no idea about the CPU and HDD usage Problem, deleting all old key´s in the registry from CC1, but it still not work correct!
It show´s only 0%!

greetings

jc634

Administrator
la.ultima,

I have had the same problem using the HDD Usage routines for about 6 Betas.

CrystalControl Admin thought it might be something that was not installed with Windows XP. I might try to reinstall XP over Christmas Break and see what happens. I think, however, that it might be more of a problem with my MB, BIOS or combination of that interfers.

We shall see...:)

Jim

la.ultima

Ok, the problem with the hdd´s usage is not a fatal error, i think that too many different Board layout´s (Raid 0,1,5- Ich5-6 and so on) responsible for the 0% usage!

My system one Raid 0 over Ich5R, one Raid 0 over SIL3114, overall 8 partition´s!

But the CPU usage with 0% (or 300-400%) is very crazy!

jc634

Administrator
Most of the time, 0% is normal.

I have attached a file containing my modified CPU usage screens for a 631 and 634, since I am not sure which module you are using.

FWIW, they work on my system quite well (for my Intel P4).

Attachments

la.ultima

@jc634, Sorry, using a 634 20x4 blue serial display, P4 Prescott HT 3.4@4,45 (Vapochill LS), Board Abit IC7 Max3!

Your Screen looks very nice, but i only have 0% usage!

All other screens work´s perfectly, think the future of CC2 is great (nice job!!!), :) :)! Screen Editor???

But the CPU usage wont work, 2x Prime with a CPU usage 100% connot displayd as 0%! And cannot displayd as 351%!

greetings

jc634

Administrator
hmm,

Me thinks that this is one for CrystalControl Admin to figure out. Hopefully, your perfdump.zip file will give him some clues.

Jim

dhs

CrystalControl Admin said:
As for the CPU and HDD problems, in the "cc2-service\perfmon_enum" is a small app called "perfmon_enum.exe".
Can you run this, and then zip up and attach the file it creates in here?
Here it is.

Anyway, i did a few tests modifying the .ini files.
It seems to be all related to the localization of Windows.
If the language is different from english, it simply doesn't consider the commands.

cheers.

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Thanks for that.
Ill work it into the next CC2 release... probably with an extra directory for other languages.