Cc 0.95

woshiagni

Awesome software, have been using 0.93 ever since I finished my LCD. (20x4 HD44780)

Just curious, does 0.95's CanIO not work under Windows XP? Upon starting CC I get a "privileged instruction" error and it freezes for about 15 seconds and then closes itself.

Just need to get this working with MBM 5.1.9.1 and I'm set. =)

Any suggestions? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

woshiagni

CrystalControl Admin said:
I gather you have rebooted after installing CC?
Yep, I rebooted after installing the new CC. Do I need to configure it in any way before I run it for the first time?

BigTy

CCA i have that program installed but not running. if that helps. nor do i have a screen for that program. i was waiting for a fix before i added it

woshiagni

CrystalControl Admin said:
No you dont.

Does it do it when MBM isnt running?
Hmmn.. it's working now. (I did try w/o MBM running, and it was the same problem).

Geez, that was odd. I reinstalled it twice last night, and finally gave up. My system is on all the time, so I left it in XP overnight; when I came back from class today CC now works. Maybe it was because DLPortIO didn't fully or cleanly release the parallel port? That's weird though, rebooting should have cleared it up.

Hmmn. It might be a flaky thing, if it happens again I'll post here. Thanks for the quick responses, and THANKS for the awesome software. Crystalcontrol rocks. =)

CF Mark

Administrator
Odd indeed.

Other people are still having the problem though, so ill try and find out whats causing the problem.

PaNiC

Thanks. I'm also having the same problem. The splash screen goes up, the comp freezes for 20secs, a "ding"-sound is heard, cc exits and leaves no further trace.